Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Middle School Life

If you had told me when I was 13 that I would end up in 8th grade as my career, I would have laughed in your face, then kicked you in the shin. I loathed middle school and could not wait to get the hell out of there. I hated the kids, despised the teachers, and mostly ignored the curriculum, though when forced to do it I hated that too. Anyway, I was headed to London to play Ophelia with the RSC, thank you very much.

Guess what? The RSC was not interested, and I now live in Saco, Maine and go to Saco Middle School every day with a smile on my face. Those teachers I despised? I am one of them. Those kids I hated? They haven't changed much, except their braces are purple and they have iPhones, and I love them now. As for the curriculum, I may still want to ignore it sometimes but I'm generally eager to jump in and make it work.

This blog is a place for me to share my passion for teaching and learning, to reflect on my practice, and to share some of my favorite blogs and resources. I hope you enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment